Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog spam and MAX 2010

I am getting tired of deleting spam comments on the previous blog entry, so I thought I would add a new one just for variety. I wonder why the particular spammer is able to get around the Google captcha that is required to post, but every week or two they post to the last entry in my blog.

In other news, It has been confirmed that I will be speaking at MAX 2010. The tentative plan is for me to run a BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) session on the new Offline features in LiveCycle Data Services 3.1 for Flex and AIR. I have never done a BYOL, just a hands-on lab session, so this is going to be a "learning experience". This is a really a neat and powerful feature, so I hope folks will come away with a good idea of how they can use this feature in AIR apps that can go offline.

See you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! My site gets hit now and then with similar spam. In my case, I built a question/answer function instead of using a twisted text image. The questions are easy enough to answer, but rotate and are diverse, making it unlikely that a robot could guess them. Having seen a few spams get though anyway, I'm convinced that there are either:
1) spammers with a LOT of time on their hands, or
2) spammers who pay a tiny fee for human beings to hit these forms (like an underground crowd-sourcing deal).
I've even gotten a few on my forum, which requires registration to post. So far I haven't figured out a way to stop ALL these things. If you ever figure out a foolproof way, you'll be a hero!